15 February 2010

A saying of love.....and snow!

Do you have a favorite saying of love that you express to a loved one? My daughter and I do. We have been saying it to each other since she was a little tot. So, I thought that I would do something for her that will be a remembrance for her later years! She came down the hill later that day, and I handed her this.
"Oh cool!" she exclaimed. I told her they were heart tissues, and she responded I thought that you said you made something.


I did I told her, and handed her this


When she was little I would always say I love you up to the sky and beyond. She would say the same and add on to the moon and beyond. And so it went! I'm not really a painter, although there are many in my family who can paint. I just wanted to do something a little different. If you read it from the bottom up it says
Through all seasons I will always love you Up to the sky The Moon And Beyond
Now she understood the reason for the tissues, but said they were too pretty to use!
As for my hubby, well he got three excellent meals with a fab dinner! Of course you know the saying a way to a man's heart is through his stomach!
And here are a few fun snow photos. I have a ton more. All the snow is gone now as it only rained last night. It was great while it lasted!
My daughter gets a push down the hill from hubby while neighbor Kevin looks on

There she goes!

A snow angel that Lori made

Showing off our boots, and how deep the snow is for here!

The dogs playing in the snow

Isn't he the cutest?!

The neighbor's rooster wondering what is all this stuff?!!

And me, so happy we had some snow!

More photos tomorrow!

6 comments:

Dianna said...

What a special Valentine's Day you made for your daughter and your husband! Glad to see that you all were able to get out and enjoy the snow. Isn't it just so beautiful? We are getting more snow to enjoy. The forecast is for another foot between today and tomorrow! It is coming down right now in the most beautifully huge flakes!

I wanted to thank you, Ulrike, for stopping by today and for the kind words you left behind. Yes...life is precious and it does behoove all of us to not take it for granted....not one single day of it.

So, tell me...how is your daughter doing now, a year after having had the blood clots? What a scary thing to deal with.

I hope you have a wonderful remainder of the day.

Madelief said...

Hi Ulrike,

Your Valentine's Day sounds lovely. What a sweet mother you are to make such a beautiful painting for your daughter. I can imagine she was very happy with it! You most certainly inherited some of families creative 'talent'!! You look great on the photo!! I am looking forward to tomorrows pictures.

Lieve groet, Madelief

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

You did great with your painting (and dang, I love those tissues!) and you really ought to consider doing that more often.
I love the text reading from the bottom to the top---meaningful and creative.
Let yourself have some painting time....you might be surprised.... :)

XXOO!!
Anne...who really wishes she could send you the snow here.....sigh.

Anonymous said...

Snow...snow...Everywhere there is snow it seems....Maybe now everyone will really appreciate the summer heat & humidity!! I know I will!!
Love your photos!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Julie Marie said...

Hi Ulrike... your handmade card is precious! And I know your daughter sooo appreciated it, handmade is always best! I love your dogs! But I am ready for no more snow!!! xoxo Julie Marie

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is the sweetest post, Ulrike!
Such a special gift for your daughter, and I'm sure your Hubby was very pleased with the meals. :) That's what my Hubby wanted for Valentine's too!
Love all the pics - the snow is beautiful, and it's a lot of fun seeing you all enjoy it so much!

Have a lovely day!
Zuzu

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...