This weekend was so pretty here! We had temperatures in the 60's on both days, and today we are to hit around 70! There will be trees and plants budding out everywhere real soon. One (and there are more!) of my big projects on the to do list was to move the greenhouse down the hill. So Saturday was spent cleaning it out; mostly my project as hubby had to work on our daughter's house. I won't even show you the pile I pulled out as I am still wondering why did I have all of this in there? Hubby built this greenhouse for me while we were dating so it is many moons old. First it had plastic, now it has plexi plastic, and down the hill are windows he has been salvaging that will be added to the greenhouse soon. This is a photo before we started moving it. We had to set the front on blocks and take wooden stakes to wench or level it way to the left. There is a fence in front so we would not be able to position the tractor there. That took a while.
Once it was in position we had son-in-law come out for some "heavy" lifting.
They were getting situated with the blocks. Hubby pushed the trailer underneath while we lifted the greenhouse up and slid it on to the trailer.
I can't believe it is actually on there!!!
Hubby getting started
Coming around the fence corner, trees up ahead, oh boy!
Hit a few lower ones, but it made it through
Heading down the driveway, power lines overhead
This was a scary part for me as he had just made it on the slope of the hill. I kept waiting for it to slide off!! Not only that further down the hill the lines were closer. I had to stand watch with a pole to lift the phone and cable in case it was too close. The power lines are a lot higher. Can you imagine me letting it snag the phone or cable? No way!!!!!
Backing it up into place. You can see one panel or actually several window panels put together so it can be place on the greenhouse later. Hubby is always thinking of something!
It's final resting spot. We will pick up some concrete siding for the greenhouse to sit on so the framework will not rot out. Up the hill it was sitting on bricks.
My two water barrels waiting to be attached by hose to the greenhouse. I bought about 4 of these during the drought so we could catch the rainwater. We actually have a gutter on the greenhouse too so it can drain into a barrel placed in the greenhouse.
So that was my weekend! Very busy, but satisfying work. I can't wait to start filling it with all the trays and seeds! Hope your weekend went well too!!