25 March 2010

T-i-m-b-e-r....but when?

I have not blogged in a few days, all the pollen/mold floating around has had me a little under the weather. Anyway, we have so many projects going on around here. Well, we got the greenhouse moved, good. We have the small metal shed to move that has yard stuff in it, and the flooring is just about finished for it. Then after all this time that I have been telling hubby that he needs to build a barn it is finally being done. Actually he decided he is going to add on to the shed, but the problem with that is there are trees in the way.
One or two of these tall trees are coming down.





Will it fall through here? I hope not

It is suppose to fall through here...may or may not hit the hammock area.

So, the pulleys are all set up, hubby has been digging the root out, using the chainsaw, and that tree is still stubborn. I only hope that with the rain coming in it doesn't get the notion to fall the other way! I have been assured by hubby and the neighbor (he used to cut trees down in Wisconsin) that everything will be ok.
Let's hope so...the sooner it is down the more relieved I'll feel!!

9 comments:

Roses and Lilacs said...

With those cables on it, it can't fall the wrong way, can it? I do know that the top part of the tree will take up a lot more room on the ground than you expect:)
Marnie

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

BE CAREFUL!!!!!!
I'm not going to tell you the horror story I have about this very subject...
JUST Be CAREFUL...
xoxo~Kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Madelief said...

Hi Ulrike,

I missed your posts!! How unfortunate the pollen trouble you :-(

Good luck with the trees and the building of the barn. That will be a big job! I am looking forward to see the final result!

Take care dear friend! Lieve groet, Madelief x

Doris Sturm said...

I'm sure it'll turn out ok. Looks like the men are talking precautions and if your neighbor was a professional tree feller, I'm sure he knows what he's doing.
Good luck anyway!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Oh......my......
I have had my share of felling trees, and taking out the ones storms decided to send flying.
Will hold my breath till this is done!
Hope you're feeling better; we're in pre-pollen stage here....just enough that I am wheezy and couhing every day. The price of natural beauty!
Take care!

XXOO!!
Anne

Anke said...

Good luck with your trees! I was really nervous when we had ours cut down, but everything worked out fine. Just tell hubby to be careful...
Have a great weekend,
Anke

*Ulrike* said...

We have been taking out quite a few trees around here especially pines that are too close to the house. This tree is close to the house too, but they have so many chains, etc. on it. Still anything close to the house makes me nervous!!

Southern Lady said...

My dad cuts trees all the time. If they are tied off correctly, they always fall exactly where they are supposed to. Good luck with the trees and congratulations on the new structure. Carla

Dianna said...

You have such a hard working husband, Ulrike! I love hearing about all of the different projects the two of you get into. And I love the photo of your little patio type area! I was just telling my hubby the other evening about how I'd like to have a place like that at the back of our house for privacy...now I have a picture to help him better understand what I was trying to get across! :) Thanks for the picture. ~wink~ Have a wonderful weekend and let us know how things go with the tree coming down.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...