12 October 2009

Float away

Ok, we are having a heavy rain again with 2-4 inches predicted. The last heavy rain we had with the flooding to the west did not do too much here. This time I believe the ground is so saturated that we are getting quite a bit of flooding.
Here are some pictures of the bridge not too far from our house. (I had to run out to the store, and I happened to look out over the bridge. Good thing I brought my camera!)


I think that if we got more rain it would only take another 5-7 feet and it would be over the bridge. At least we are on top of the hill!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with all of that!

CIELO said...

Wow... I love rain and I'm a nature child, but I have to admit that sometimes nature's fury amazes me.... be safe.

cielo

Comfrey Cottages said...

oh gosh, glad you are on high ground ulrike! we have had so much rain this year also.... stay dry my friend! big herbal and honey hugs to you:)

Linda said...

That is a lot of water. Nature can sure run to extremes-draught or flood often seems to be the case.

Unknown said...

Hi Ulrike,

Your so lucky to be on top of a hill. You must have had a lot of rain indeed to have the water in the river so high! I hope the weather will improve the coming days. In Holland there is some rain too, but not as bad as with you!

Take care! Madelief

Mary said...

I hope so much the rains have let up by now Ulrike. Enough is enough! Just glad you're on a hill. We had a little here yesterday but today is bright and sunny after the first really chilly night - the tile floor was cold this morning! I can now see the trees have some color. I hope it will be pretty in the Blue Ridge - we drive up this Thursday.

Deb G said...

Moderation in all things...especially weather! Although I don't have to worry about it where my home is, flooding is a big problem in this area. It can be so surreal.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...