21 December 2009

I was a sight

Oh boy! I know that I haven't posted in a while yet so much has been going on. With all of this rain that we have been getting we have discovered two roof leaks. One around the skylight and another in my office. So I guess it is just as good a time as any to tear the office apart. Things are piled high with paperwork, I mean do I really need an electric bill receipt from 4 years ago? It is so easy just to store things away in the filing cabinet, but I am wanting my New Year to start out clean. Besides I may have company in a few weeks and that is always a great motivator!!!
As you know the New Year is always the challenge to get fit. I have not walked in forever! I would walk every morning up and down this small "mountain" for 30-45 minutes. Then a little weight lifting too. Sad to say, I have not done that in months and months. So today was my challenge to walk again, get back into the routine. Now this is the really sad part. I do try to dress better than this, really I do, especially when I go out in public. However.....today I grab the turquoise blue set, some socks, then since the blue set is lightweight I grabbed my handy had forever fleece sweater that is black and white. Yuck, it's 29 outside, so I got my yellow jacket to keep the wind out, slipped on some el cheapo slipon shoes, grabbed the black scarf, jammed the cream beret on and off I went!!!!
Time to feed the chickens, grab the leash for my daughter's dog to walk her, and then I looked down at my feet. Mind you it was still dark in the room when I grabbed my socks. They were pink and white stripped fuzzy comfy socks.
Now I know you are laughing at me! You have to be!!! I am laughing at myself!!!
I was truly a bad fashion sight!
At least the dog didn't care, she was just happy for her walk! Thank goodness the tree cutting company had finished last week. They would have thought I was some crazy lady!!!!

6 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Hello Ulrike... you sound adorable! You should have posted a picture! Love to you... xoxo Julie Marie

Madelief said...

Hi Ulrike,

I wish I could send some of the snow to you! We have more than enough here at the moment :)! I would have loved to see you go outside for your walk. Sometimes I look like that as well!! Hopefully the leak in your roof will be repaired soon. Have a wonderful Christmas and the best wishes to you, your husband and daughter for 2010. Please take care!

Lieve groet, Madelief

Heidi said...

I am not laughing at you! You just sound like an energetic lady in pink fuzzy socks. I would have been a lady lady in pink lazy socks...LOL!

Sorry to hear about your leaks. That is NOT good. We had a leak in our home in our remodeled kitchen. What a mess it created.

Hugs ~
Heidi

PeJott said...

Liebe Ulrike,
danke für deinen lieben Kommentar bei mir. Hab ein ruhiges Weihnachtsfest und einen guten Start ins Jahr 2010.
Herzensgrüße, Petra

Barbara said...

Well we get the idea but where was the picture!
I too when I go out walking like to dress for the walk and it is usually those times that I meet someone I know. Other times I go out dressed in what I am wearing and then wish I had not when I come back all hot.
A walk everyday really makes a difference. I do notice it when I don't go.

Sorry about the leaks and hope they can be fixed quickly Ulrike.

Lori said...

Yes, you were a sight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...