21 April 2012

Spring Festival at the Biltmore

The spring festival at the Biltmore officially started on the 7th, however I think that we got a most beautiful preview!
 
And my hubby wonders why I love arches and trellises!  I want to see this in the summer with the roses blooming.
 
So many cute sitting areas
 
They have 3 or 4 greenhouses where they grow a lot of plants that they also put inside the Biltmore house
   
Pretty colors!
 
I used to have orchids, however I want my plants to bloom all summer!
 
Cute!
 
I like all the cute arrangements they have
 

 

 

 
This was called a grandfather cactus.  Pretty unique!
 
I have some smaller birdcages hmmmm
 

 
I saw this and loved it!  Bamboo from the neighbor here it comes!
 

 
If I had a rock wall as tall as this one......
 

 

 
We left the "older" ladies at the garden center, and hoofed it back to pick up the car.  You see a different view on the way back.
 

 

 
I love the very huge pots!
 

 
This was in the garden center store, and I love the glass hanging jars.  It wasn't until later that I noticed how the peacock looks.
 
The Biltmore also has a huge winery.  Hey, with 8,000 acres you have to grow something!  They took some of their wine bottles and made a lamp with it.
 
Look familiar?  Would you believe that I saw one just like this the next exit up from me?  They sell wooden outdoor sets, and they had one like this but in yellow.  If I go by and it is still there then I know it is calling my name!
 
Notice the dark clouds gathering?
 
Storm clouds moving in, but this made a great photo taken from the car.
 

 
There were stone bridges to cross, creeks, rivers, all of it so beautiful.
 

Posted by Picasa

Yes, it did start storming on us.  I told you from the previous post anytime I go somewhere with my neighbor it rains!  We were able to see quite a bit yet we missed out on the farm village.  The ladies were tired and ready for our three hour drive home. 
If you would like to see more of the Biltmore here is a link to it.  http://www.biltmore.com/  If you ever get to Asheville, North Carolina I highly recommend seeing it, but wear good walking shoes!  I hope you have enjoyed my photos.

3 comments:

Anke said...

Ulrike, there are so many beautiful things to look at and copy. :-) I love trellises, and the bamboo support looks great. The bicycle is awesome, where you able to get the yellow one?

Anonymous said...

Incredibly beautiful gardens! How lucky you are to be able to visit!
Wishing you a wonderful weekend, Ulrike!
Hugs,
Zuzu

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Oh, Ulrike, thanks for posting your photos from the Biltmore. Love that place and don't get to go nearly enough! Very enjoyable. We were there in the early summer. It is just a total experience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...