03 April 2012

Pink Spring

Ever notice how much pink is in the garden? I have quite a bit in mine, and since we had a lot of rain back in February everything just took off when the weather turned into late spring. Forget early spring around here....I think we missed it!
Our weeping cherry tree in full bloom.  It lasted perhaps a few days as it is totally green now. 
 
Ok, so this is a strawberry plant with white flowers.  There could be a tinge of pink somewhere....These started in the beginning of March!  Totally out of sync.
 
This is a camellia bush that I bought which is still in the pot until we get its spot ready.  I was so happy it bloomed.
 
A pink trillium that came from the woods from my aunt's house.
 
This azalea always puts on a show
 
Talk about hot pink!
 
Must be why the bumble bees like it!
 
The neighbor girlfriends and I have a day trip planned to Asheville to go to the Biltmore House.  I can't wait to show photos from there as it will be beautiful I'm sure.  I'm really trying to catch up!

4 comments:

Anke said...

Have you been to Biltmore before? It as just stunning, the house as well as the grounds. You'll love it!

Comfrey Cottages said...

I love pink! Oooo I can't wait to see your biltomore pictures!! xxx

Silke Powers said...

That looks so gorgeous, Ulrike!! Our spring is long gone and it feels like we are halfway into summer. It was 89 degrees yesterday. Can you believe it!? But still, much is blooming in our area and the trees are all so lusciously green... Hugs, Silke

Madelief said...

So much colour in your garden already Ulrike! Lucky you :-) It all looks very pretty.

Wish you and your friends a great time in Asheville.

Happy Easter!

Lieve groet, Madelief x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...