I thought that before I got started for the day I would give you a quick update on my garden house. I've got the base coat on the outside, and have been playing around with the trim colors.
Hubby has planed the french doors twice already not counting when it was put in. We have had such high humidity this summer that the doors have just swelled.
Shelves are being put inside.
Here you can see that the sheetrock has been put up which is what hubby and I did together. Then I did the taping, sanding, muding, and then I painted everything. We did have our neighbor/painter put a kilz coat on the rafters and windows then I went back and painted all of them. If you notice above the shelves next to the tin we put foam board up. When we first painted the foam board the ink kept bleeding through even with kilz! Finally hubby scrapped the ink part off of the others and it stopped. The foam board was put there since there was a gap between the sheetrock and tin roof which allowed air to escape to the outside or worse the hot air to come in! Hubby put in a ceiling fan for me, and then we have a little window air conditioning unit which he placed in the window. I did not want that yet after working in the house with as hot and humid as it has been it was a lifesaver! I'll take it out later when it cools down, but I was thankful for it with this hot summer!
I am not a big fan of windows like these. They look pretty yet are a pain to clean, and even worse a pain to paint! However, they were free along with the french doors (hubby is so good about finding freebies!). These did have a dark stain on them. It has taken one coat of kilz plus three coats of paint to get them to this stage! And they still need touch ups!!!!! What's worse is I still have to paint the outside! At least on the outside they came with a good coat of light paint on them already.
Hubby put all the vents in. Yesterday I trimmed all the white you see which is where hubby caulked.
I had put the base coat on the outside about a month ago. Then we had rain, and when it wasn't raining the humidity was so high which really isn't good painting weather. This is what I have been working on most of the summer. The garden did not do well at all so I focused my attention on the garden house. Of course this is along with all the usual stuff that needs to be done inside and out. Then we had a surprise waiting for us one Saturday morning. After a storm one Friday night hubby looked outside on the carport and saw this sleeping away!
He came and woke me up and told me there was something outside that I have been wanting. A rug I asked? I've been looking for one for my garden house. No. So I get up to see, and at first I thought it was a deer since all I noticed were the legs, of course I didn't have my contacts or glasses on!!!! Then I saw it was a dog, a big dog. Oh boy, and I was wanting a Benji dog. I've been calling around everywhere, and even had a very nice lady who runs a doggie boarding house plus a shelter for homeless dogs put ads out. So far nothing. We have had a big dog before, a husky, so big dogs are ok. Yet I would rather find its owners although we have the feeling that she was dumped off. It is happening more and more. So for now we are foster parents! which made the very nice lady very happy! Now, she needs her walk which is good as it is getting me active again!! so I better get busy!!!