04 May 2011

Georgia Aquarium

While  my cousin's 16 year old son from Germany was over here visiting us one of the places that we took him was to the Georgia Aquarium in downtown Atlanta.  I have been on the go so much while he was here that I have not had very much time to blog let alone get all of my photos together for you to see.  So forgive me for not getting them to you sooner, but this entertaining a 16 year old is rough!  They do have energy at that age! The Georgia Aquarium has been open for a few years, but this was my first visit too so it was quite enjoyable.  So, let the show begin!
My daughter and her hubby
Marcello looking up overhead.  All I could say was I hope this is strong enough!
See the gigantic whale to the left of the sting ray? That thing was huge!
The fish here in the front was quite comical looking!
The penguins were Marcello's favorite!
You could actually crawl underneath them and pop up in this little cubicle to take photos!
Oh, how I love sea horses! They are so pretty! I remember wanting to order some from the comic books just so I could have some of my very own.  Now that is a long, long, time ago!
The jellyfish all different colors
These had some type of glow light on them
This was interesting.  You stood underneath this, and if you look closely you can see where it mimics a wave in the ocean.  Pretty cool.
So many pretty colors that you never get to see
Different colored star fish
At the end you were able to touch stingrays and star fish.
If you are ever in the Atlanta area, and want a fun, interesting thing to do, check out the Georgia Aquarium which is suppose to be the largest in the world.  Then right next door is the Coca Cola museum.  Coca cola got its start here in Atlanta too.
Oh, and just another note to my previous post....Anke and her family came out ok through the tornado outbreak although most of her subdivision was destroyed.  We are so thankful that they are safe!
Hope you enjoyed the trip to the Georgia Aquarium!

6 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

First, so glad you heard from Anke~~my gosh~~that must be a frightening reality now.
That aquarium is AMAZING!!! It is just beyond words; I cannot imagine walking UNDER all that water....I'm not sure I could.. ;-)
The variety of fish and creatures completley blows me away.
I would say y'all had a GOOD TIME!

XXOO~~
Anne

Susan said...

Hello, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.....I'm going to give the laundry soap a try. Thanks
Your pictures of th Georgia Aquarium are just beautiful! What a nice aquarium they have there. Id love to visit the east coast some day and Georgia is on my list.

Laura of said...

What a lovely post... your pictures, as always, are fascinating! How I would love to take my grandchildren here! Thank you for sharing, and also thank you for the lovely flower photographs. Those almost-black velvet pansies are out-of-this-world, as is the wisteria "tree"!

Rosine said...

Dear Ulrike, that's are beautiful pictures!
☼☼☼ Rosine

dilli said...

oooooooooh i luv aquariums but manthing doesnt much care for such things. now i have visited and it was free.. Seahorses are my favorite critters too. i like the aussie ones that look like weeds

Deb G said...

Wow! Someday...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...