09 January 2013

Hello, I'm still here!


Hello, yes I'm still here!  Or I better be since I got this beautiful birthday card from a dear friend of mine.  She said once she saw it she knew it was perfect for me; that it had all the right things in it that just screamed my name.
So much has been happening in my life lately.  Not only with it being another year older, but it also makes three months since my father passed.  It is still a very hard thing to get used to.  Like when you go to the phone to call about something funny, and then you realize you can't.  I am fortunate that I had him for that long although it is never long enough.
Although with his passing comes a will, and from what I've learned from a lot of people that there is always someone who is not happy.  Since I am also executor life has not been to easy with lawyers and such.  I am hanging in there though with lots of support from friends and family.  I will be glad when it is all over.
Now to keep my mind busy amongst everything else I did a lot of crocheting for the holidays, which I hope all of you had a good one!  I made an afghan for our oldest grandchild.  He wanted a cameo colored one.  I forgot to take a picture of it so my step-daughter did one for me. This of course is not the greatest picture, but you get the idea. I also crocheted hats for the girls, but the afghan took up most of my time.
 
Posted by Picasa


Hubby and I took a break about a month ago so I have lots to share, and I definitely will be blogging again. I miss my blogging friends, and thanks to many of you for your thoughts, prayers, and cards. Now, I better get myself in gear (something my daddy used to say), and put on my walking clothes. My neighbor friend took me to lunch for my birthday (Olive Garden...Yum!), and we both feel stuffed so it is time for our daily walk. Happy New Year to all of you, and I'll visit soon!

5 comments:

Anke said...

Happy Birthday Ulrike! I'm glad you're back, I've missed your posts! :-)

stadtgarten said...

Happy birthday, dear Ulrike. I am also very happy that you are back and am looking forward to beautiful new posts.
Have a very happy New Year!

Rosine said...

We miss you too!
Kind regards
Rosine

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

A belated Happy Birthday, and good to see you back in blogland!
I was executor of my parents estate, and then partially executed my uncles (that one was a nightmare).
Sometimes they go quickly and sometimes not, but in the end, when it's done, you get this great sigh of relief. I feel for you and hope it is easy to resolve everything.
Love your winter BG!!!

XXOO~~
Anne

Anonymous said...

Oh Ulrike...it is so good to see you back at blogging again! The afghan is beautiful. I guess I didn't realize that you crochet! Love the shades of green in this afghan!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...