09 January 2012

How fast a year goes by! On this day a year ago in the Atlanta area we had this much snow

The gazebo collapsed

The trees leaning from the weight of the snow

Bee boxes not put away

The honeybees bundled up against the snow

My daughter and I sledding down the hill

And today we are having rain with strong storms moving in perhaps the next day or so.  All across the country a good portion of the states do not have or have not had snow, just rain.  What a difference a year makes! 
It also means I've turned another year older now, yes, I'm a January baby, and with that I can say where did the years go?
 
So, as I am listening to the patter of rain on the skylight which can make for a good nights sleep, I also think about the stillness, beauty and quiet the snow can bring.  Enjoy your day!

5 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Happy Birthday! We were just talking about all of the snow we had last year here in NC and this year just a couple of flurries!

Happy New Year!

Mary said...

Happy Birthday dear friend! Hope you have a fun day.

Yes, no snow here yet - but remember how bad it can be in Feb. and Mar. some years. I'd like a few dustings, but nothing requiring major digging, or dangerous driving conditions.

Stay well and a very happy New Year to you both.
Love - Mary

Rosine said...

♫ It's never rain in california ♫

but here in our country!

Hab a good time!

Rosine ♥♥♥

Anke said...

You're right, where did the year go? It seems like the older I get, the faster time goes by...
No snow here either, just a wet and gray week so far.
Have a wonderful week!

Madelief said...

Dear Ulrike,

Happy birthday to your, Happy birthday to you........

I hope you had a lovely day! The weather in Holland is very different from last year too. Last year we had heaps of snow, like you, but now it's milder temperatures and lots of rain.

I even spotted the first crocuses in the garden this weekend. Normally they appear in March....

Thank you for your beautiful ecards too. I enjoyed them very much!

Lieve groetjes van Madelief x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...